Somewhat Competent
Board index Guild Applications Old

Old

Idolator Arms/Fury warrior

Idolator Arms/Fury warrior

Postby Idolator » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:18 pm

A. Basic Information

Name: Robin

Tell us a little about yourself and where you are from.
My name is Robin, i'm 24 years old and live in Lund(Sweden).
I currently work as a physical Therapist and parttime gamer. I spend most of my spare time infront of the computer playing either wow or HoN though hon has taken a backseat lately.

B. System Information

I have a quite good computer. it's got a couple of years worth of work done already but still it's maxing out most games.

CPU: Intel i7 920
Ram: 16gb ddr
Graphics: Amd 4800 series
My speedtest from the site you provided was 13ms, 28.55mbits down and 1.15 up

Do you have any objections to speaking on mumble when needed?
Ofcourse not. i'm usually quite talkative except for bossfights or serious business moments. I do know when to stfu though :)

Any disconnection problem at all? Average Latency while raiding?
None that should effect raids tbh. My internet provider does most of their update work during the nights so unless we extend a raid until 3am i should be fine.

Average FPS during a boss encounter?
i'm usually at around 60(vsync on)

C. Raiding and Character information

1. Character Name | Class | Spec | Race
I'm a human warrior named Idolator. Either arms or fury(probably fury looking at the current numbers)

2. Previous raiding experience
pre tbc i was in a guild called Ars Invictus and another one called Vision. I was pretty much a Peon in both but we did quite well. top 10 server atleast.

i was pretty much dormant in TBC and didnt really hit my stride until WOTLK. I joined a guild top5 serverwise and helped it climbed to first place and earning an officerspot quite rapidly aswell as an recruitment officer. we downed everything in wotlk including all hard modes and server first Algalon.

In cataclysm i captained a server first guild on Twilights Hammer as raid leader but only for the first couple of months.

3. Provide an armory link to your character and a wowhead link to your normal raiding spec.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Idolator/simple

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#wiN|GhzRsz

4. What do you think about beginning raids early and staying beyond the required raid times to down new content?
Well if everyone isnt tired and doing the same mistakes over and over due to exhaustion then i'm all for extending raids.

5. Post a Wow Meter Online / World of Logs of a few recent raids in your guild. If your guild does not run these, post a screenshot(s) of your recount for some boss encounters. (DO NOT LEAVE THIS OUT)

I will post this at a later time since i don't have any of these atm :P

6. Post a screenshot of your UI while in a raid environment (in combat). (Give a list of any relevant addons not shown.) Also, list your sklls and keybinds that you use for said skills.

This aswell since i'm not raiding with this guild :P
i'll get you some screenshots from raidfinder

D. Dual Spec

1. What is your secondary spec?

Tank

2. Are you willing to change your main spec and/or secondary spec for guild needs?

I would be willing but i wouldnt like it ;) i've tanked it before and sure it's fun but i get tired of it quite fast :P

E. Professions
I have enchanting and jewelcrafting so i'm pretty happy with my proffs atm.

F. Other Questions

1. What guild are you currently in? Who is/was the GM? Include their website.
I'm currently in Sparks but i'm just a social member at this point. Recently started playing again and just wanted somewhere to hide out.

2. Why are you leaving your current guild?
I'm only a social member..no raidi for Ido!

3. Are you able to take and improve upon harsh criticism?
Ofcourse. Being able to take and dish out constructive criticism is one of the pillars of being a raider. I'm also quite able to give constructive criticism just don't put me in a posisition of power as it will result in me turning from Optimus Prime to Hitler in a matter of weeks!

4. There will be Bench time. Everyone will have to sit at one point in time or another. Are you okay with this?
Yush. I've been in the position of being benched and being the "Bencher" aswell so i know how pissed off some people get about it but i also understand the need for doing it. :)

5. How did you hear about Apathy? (Name the site(s), people, et cetera)

Wowprogress :)

6. Why are you interested in joining Apathy? do you have anyone in Apathy that can vouch for you?

I don't really know anyone in Apathy but from what i've read and what i've heard it seems like a good guild and the raidingtimes fit me perfectly.

7. What are the other guilds you applied to? Any particular reason why you are shopping for multiple guilds? keep in mind we do have very good contacts in other guilds, your omission on certain information may be held against you.

Not that i know of. O.o

8. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content. Whats preventing your level of play to decline during the farm period?

I've been in a few high end guilds so i know the pain of working your ass off in progressive raids without people giving it all during that time so believe me i'll be there for the hard parts. And besides there's ALMOST no better feeling than downing a boss you've worked your ass off with. Farming is fun aswell though since it gives you purples ;)

9. Our raiding schedule is 1900 to 2300 server time on Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays. Which of these days can we expect you to raid consistently? (Note: as we only raid 3 days a week, if you can raid all 3 days you have much better odds of joining us.)

As stated above your raid days are perfect for me and i'm used to a more hectic schedule so 3 days a week should be no problem :)

G. Self Analysis

1. Since you don't have any dps warriors atm i hope i'll be your benchmark for future ones ;) Also i should mention that currently my gear isnt gemmed and enchanted quite the way i want since i dinged 90 this monday so haven't really gotten to it yet. I will however say you will never find someone who is more of a perfectionist than me. I'm the kind of guy who will grind his ass off for hours getting the gear required to do what i'm supposed to and after i'm fully geared i'll grind my ass off for days just to get that extra 2% of dps.

I always start playing wow with the idea of..hmm i'll just be casual but as soon as i join a pug or go along on a guildrun with a friends guild i once again remember the feel of raiding, the thrill of always competing against your fellow guildmembers and against yourself for that matter.

I am also the kind of person who is never content with what I have. There is ALWAYS something that can be improved and the moment my goals are reached i set new ones. A friend of mine jokes about if I had the same drive and spirit in the real world that i have in World of Warcraft I would most likely be the president of the milky way by now. :P

If you guys have any questions please contact me here or ingame^^
Thanks for reading!
Last edited by Idolator on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Idolator

Re: Idolator Arms/Fury warrior

Postby Derrik » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:01 am

Idolator wrote:I will however say you will never find someone who is more of a perfectionist than me.

About that
Derrik

Postby Kuth » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:51 am

Derrik felt a disturbance in the force.
It's okay if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.
Kuth

Postby Idolator » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:56 am

I'm an asian! you can't compete with me! :D
Idolator

Postby Chamze » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:15 am

Idolator wrote:I'm an asian! you can't compete with me! :D

LOL :D:D
Chamze

Postby Moleh » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:58 pm

Idolator wrote:1. What guild are you currently in? Who is/was the GM? Include their website.
I'm currently in Sparks but i'm just a social member at this point. Recently started playing again and just wanted somewhere to hide out.
Moleh

Postby Idolator » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:32 pm

hmm? :P
Idolator

Postby Derrik » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:33 am

If you didnt get it yet, your application seems kinda rushed/bad and you seem rather lazy and not like a perfectionist at all.

You have pretty much no heroic raid experience and you still didnt even provide us with logs or a screenshot.
Derrik

Postby Idolator » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:00 am

I kinda thought that it was implied that i had hc experience seeing as i cleared wotlk from top to bottom including 10 and 25 man hc raids. as for my application i apologize if it seems rushed but writing stuff kinda isnt my strong suit. As for the logs i'm kinda having a full weekend here so i haven't been able to play too much and the time i have spent ingame has been trying to farm the last pieces of hc gear i can get my hands on. I'll have both logs and screenies at the start of the coming week
Idolator

Postby Derrik » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:53 am

Hi,

you only have very few kills on most bosses and only 2 hc lk kills f.ex.

I wouldnt really call that a lot of experience.
Derrik

Next

Return to Old

User Control Panel

Login

Somewhat Competent