Board index Guild Applications Old

Old

Amethyst Cross Realm Protection/Arms Warrior

Amethyst Cross Realm Protection/Arms Warrior

Postby Frutte » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:18 pm

A. Basic Information
Name: William Major Mackay
Tell us a little about yourself and where you are from:
Hi my names Will im currently living in Birmingham, England. I have been playing wow for 5 years. I currently work as a telesales assistant for a firm in my town. I also train MMA and have a record of 4-1-0

B. System Information
What are your system specs?: ACPIx 64-based PC, AMD HD Audio device, AMD IO Driver, AMD PCI Express Filter Driver, AMD Phenom X4 955 Processor.

Do you have any objections to speaking on mumble when needed?:[/u] Nope, i will always ask questions and be active on mumble when raiding. I will also give input on how we can progress on the bosses.

Any disconnection problem at all?: Nope

Average Latency while raiding?: 37 home 42 world
Average FPS during a boss encounter?:40 Fps

Post a speed test: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2316810108.png

C. Raiding and Character information

1. Character Name: Améthyst
Spec: Protection
Class: Warrior
Race: Human

2. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? In BC? WoTLK? Specify the guilds you were in/leadership role/responsibility.
Vanilla:
Mc- Cleared
Ony- Cleared
Bwl- Cleared
Zg- Cleared
Aq20- Cleared
Aq40- Up to twins
Naxx- First wing down

Tbc:
Kara- Cleared (pre nerfs)
Gruul+Maggy- Cleared
SSC- Cleared
TK- Cleared
ZA- Cleared (with bear)
BT- Cleared
Swp- Cleared ( Kil'jaden after nerf)

Wotlk:
Naxx 10/25- Cleared (Drakes on 10 man missing only immortal for 25 man drake)
Sarth 10/25- Cleared (Both with 3 drakes up)
Malygos 10/25- Cleared
Ulduar 10/25- Cleared Normal and heroic (both drakes optained, Realm 2nd Algalon)
Toc- Cleared 10/25 man normal and heroic with realm first grand crusader
ICC- Cleared 10/25 Normal and heroic
Halion- Cleared 10/25 normal and heroic

Cata:
Bwd- Cleared 10/25 normal and heroic
Bot- Cleared 10/25 Minus sinestra 25 man
FL- CLeared 10 man normal and heroic
DS- Cleared 10 man normal and heroic

Regarding Raid leading goes i lead a 25 guild Called Phoenix from Naxxaramas Till Blackwing Decent. I was the Raid leader and my responsiblities included setting up a decent group, assisigning tanks and healers, explaning tactics resorting to paint drawings on the forums.

3. Provide an armory link to your character and a wowhead link to your normal raiding spec.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... yst/simple
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#wyeM|mbjoMs

4. What do you think about beginning raids early and staying beyond the required raid times to down new content? Its a bonus in my opinion becasue time is always limited when raid 3 days.

5. Post a Wow Meter Online / World of Logs of a few recent raids in your guild. If your guild does not run these, post a screenshot(s) of your recount for some boss encounters. Sadly my old guild never Ran WOL even though i asked the officers several times to get it and upload
6. Post a screenshot of your UI while in a raid environment (in combat). (Give a list of any relevant addons not shown.) Also, list your sklls and keybinds that you use for said skills:
[IMG=http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4436/raiduiww.jpg][/IMG]
Regarding keybinds you can clear see them in the Screen shot. Few macros i use are a Spell reflect macro and a modifier for when i talent mass spell reflect. A shield block macro to proc my trinkets with shield block. And a standard Skull Banner macro with Avatar

D. Dual Spec

1. What is your secondary spec?: Fury/Arms

2. Are you willing to change your main spec and/or secondary spec for guild needs?: Always

E. Professions

1. If you have a gathering profession/non-optimal race, what is stopping you from changing it to benefit you more? I have Jewlcrafting and Blacksmithing so my professions are fine.

F. Other Questions

1. What guild are you currently in? Who is/was the GM? Include their website.: My previous guild was named Vigilance. Gm name was Pigglez. http://vigilancee.enjin.com/home

2. Why are you leaving your current guild? The Gm and officers who are all Real life friends all left and moved to horde.

3. Are you able to take and improve upon harsh criticism? Yes i will always improve on criticism given to me. I will also criticise myself when i know when i messed up.

4. There will be Bench time. Everyone will have to sit at one point in time or another. Are you okay with this? Thats fine with me.

5. How did you hear about Apathy? (Name the site(s), people, et cetera):I Was searching for a new guild on wow progress and found yours who fit the days i can raid, i checked your website out and made an apply

6. Why are you interested in joining Apathy? do you have anyone in Apathy that can vouch for you?: Sadly no

7. What are the other guilds you applied to? Any particular reason why you are shopping for multiple guilds? keep in mind we do have very good contacts in other guilds, your omission on certain information may be held against you: Only 1 other guild i have applied to and they ae Misanthropy on Bronze Dragonflight, a 10 man guild who raid weekends. But i really do miss the 25 man scene hence the application to you.

8. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content. Whats preventing your level of play to decline during the farm period?: I Believe Apathy would benefit from having a protection warrior in raids since i believe we are the strongest tanks right now. But personally i believe i can bring over 6 years of experience to the guild from a tank POV, and a Raid leader POV. You would each gain a new friend too by recruiting me since i am a very pleasent person to be around and always willing to help. Regarding progress and farm i will always be their no matter if i know we will wipe all night on a boss or we are cleaning before a reset. Its the raiding i care about and i beleieve i can make a great addition to your rooster.

9. Our raiding schedule is 1900 to 2300 server time on Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays. Which of these days can we expect you to raid consistently? (Note: as we only raid 3 days a week, if you can raid all 3 days you have much better odds of joining us.)
I can make all 3 days

G. Self Analysis

1. Compare yourself to one or more of our current raiding member of similar spec/role. Why do you deserve a spot over that individual?
Its hard comparing myself to one of your tanks since i have not played with any of them before. But i believe i can bring a different dynamic to the way Apathy raids since i like to think outside the box for tactics and progression. i am a solid tank who has been tanking since Release.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application and hope to hear from you soon.
Frutte/Amethyst
Frutte

Re: Amethyst Cross Realm Protection/Arms Warrior

Postby Nien » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:20 pm

Hey, as long as you are fine with DPS every now and then you've got yourself a trial. Feel free to contact me, Slashi or Poplol ingame for an invite.
Nien

Return to Old

User Control Panel

Login

Somewhat Competent