Name?
Christopher
A. Basic Information

Age?
Gender?
Male
Occupation?
Student
Tell us a little about yourself and where you are from.
I'm from Lincolnshire, England. Currently I'm in my last year of secondary school in England [Year 11], and I'm doing my GCSEs.
B. System Information

What are your system specs?
I'm using a Dell Alienware x51 with 6GB ram 1TB hard drive, NVidia Geforce 545 3gb graphics card, Intel i5 processor and a 1920x1080 screen.
Do you have any objections to speaking on mumble when needed?
I have no objections. Although, during a raid encounter I'll only speak when needed [e.g to say how many stacks of Pheromones I have on Garalon] or when spoken to.
Any disconnection problem at all?
None at all.
Average Latency while raiding?
60ms roughly.
Average FPS during a boss encounter?
Well, during Cata and Mists I've been raiding 10 man, and my FPS in them is 40+ while on Ultra settings, in LFR I get 35+ roughly.
Post a speed test from http://www.speedtest.net/
49ms Ping | 1.55mps Download | 0.54mps Upload.

C. Raiding and Character information

1. Character Name: Padaliny
Spec: Elemental MS Resto OS [I do know Enhancement although currently I have no gear for it].
Class: Shaman
Race (Alliance Race upon acceptance): I was considering going Draenei for if I have to go Resto on fights the racial is a rather nice extra heal you get, currently I am a Pandaren and the double food buff is also rather nice. However, I think I will be changing to Draenei because the extra heal is nice, extra shadow damage reduction is VERY nice this expansion with bosses such as Shas doing shadow damage and also the increased hit chance allows me to reforge hit/spirit out into more needed stats like Haste + Mastery.

2. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? Sadly, I never raided Pre-BC
In BC? I also never got the opertunity to raid in BC because I only got the game 21/6/08 and I was a 'noob' at the game!
WoTLK? WoTLK was where I really started to raid. I began raiding around Ulduar/TOC time with a casual guild. I never cleared Ulduar, but I did clear ToC and ICC all on normal [With Lootship HC ofc but that's nothing to brag about, since Morchok normal is harder!]
Cata? Cata I began to raid 'better' than I did in WoTLK, in 4.0 I cleared Tot4w[2/2] BwD[5/6] and BoT [4/4] all on normal. in 4.1 we got Nefarion down thanks to the nerfs.
I took a break after 4.1 came back around October in 4.2 Cleared 1/7 hc with Majordomo HC progress
In 4.3 I made my own guild with a couple of friends, we got to HC Ultraxion Pre-Nerf, but still couldn't down it after 10 - 15% nerfs got tired of slow progress and moved to Aerie Peak where I joined a semi-Hardcore guild's 2nd team, which fell apart shortly after me joining, however I took over the team and got us 8/8 heroic, but during a 30% that's not much to brag about either!
Specify the guilds you were in/leadership role/responsibility. I was 2nd in Charge in a guild called Dragons Council on Thunderhorn in Cata, then I was leader of the 2nd raid team in a guild called Ambition on Aerie Peak End of cata/Start of Mists but I joined team 1 in the start of mists and lost my leadership responsibility in doing that. When Mists hit I joined Lacuna which only recently fell apart and I was on trial with them getting close to the end of it.

3. Provide an armoury link to your character and a wowhead link to your normal raiding spec.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... y/advanced [Some current Talents I'm using for the Brawlers Guild challenges I will hopefully change those out by the time you're reading this].
This is my normal raiding spec - http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sId|jVkom0
I do carry 100+ Tomes on me at all times so I can alter my talents/glyphs to best suit the encounter.

4. What do you think about beginning raids early and staying beyond the required raid times to down new content?
Depending whether or not I'm busy the following day, I'm generally all for staying on later to down a boss on progress, if we're close to a kill. If the raid leader choses to spend another hour+ on a boss that we're continously wiping above 80%+ on I think that's a bit tedious, because in past guilds generally the longer we spend on a boss after the raid time the less focus we get, that could be different with Apathy. As I haven't raided with you before I wouldn't know what your players are like.
5. Post a Wow Meter Online / World of Logs of a few recent raids in your guild. If your guild does not run these, post a screenshot(s) of your recount for some boss encounters. (DO NOT LEAVE THIS OUT)
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/h0l0cul9 ... ?s=8&e=289
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/k6iniov8 ... =545&e=907
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/h0l0cul9 ... 042&e=2473
There are more if you want to see a wider variety of bosses from another raid like Terrace.
Please take into account that this is from a 10 man raiding guild, so I wouldn't have had all the buffs that a 25 man guild gets. For example: we didn't have a warrior so we never had the +20% crit flag.

6. Post a screenshot of your UI while in a raid environment (in combat). (Give a list of any relevant addons not shown.) Also, list your sklls and keybinds that you use for said skills.
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/7691 ... 123220.jpg From LFR Terrace.
Currently I have my main spells bound from 1 - 5 for ease of access, and I have important spells bound to F G T V [Healthstone, Purge, Windshear and Stoneskin Totem]. These keybinds will change and become more accessable in the near future because I'm getting a Razer Naga Molten and a Razer Nostromo for Christmas so that's around 28 - 30 more keybinds that are easier to access

D. Dual Spec

1. What is your secondary spec? Restoration

2. Are you willing to change your main spec and/or secondary spec for guild needs? I'll do whatever is needed to help the guild progress.

E. Professions

1. If you have a gathering profession/non-optimal race, what is stopping you from changing it to benefit you more? Currently I have enchanting and that's my only Prof on this character that is at max level. I'm going to get Herbalism in the near future for the extra haste buff you get from it.

F. Other Questions

1. What guild are you currently in? Who is/was the GM? Include their website. I'm currently not in any guild since the last one disbanded but that was called Lacuna - http://lacuna.guildomatic.com/ Coresha was the GM but he's now in Ascendance on a realm that I can't remember.

2. Why are you leaving your current guild?
It disbanded because of no progress + going backwards.

3. Are you able to take and improve upon harsh criticism?
I am indeed. Criticism seems the only way at this stage of the game to help improve.

4. There will be Bench time. Everyone will have to sit at one point in time or another. Are you okay with this?
My last guild had this as well, so I'm fine with sitting out when it's my time.

5. How did you hear about Apathy? (Name the site(s), people, et cetera)
I found apathy while looking through guilds that were recruiting an elemental shaman on wowprogress.

6. Why are you interested in joining Apathy? do you have anyone in Apathy that can vouch for you?
Sadly I don't know anyone in Apathy. And I am interested in Apathy because you seem like a nice bunch of people who can progress well.

7. What are the other guilds you applied to? Any particular reason why you are shopping for multiple guilds? keep in mind we do have very good contacts in other guilds, your omission on certain information may be held against you.
At this current stage I have no applied to anywhere else nor am I wanting to. I only like applying to one guild at a time because I don't want people to go through the trouble of reading through my app spending their time discussing things with me to only find out that I got accepted into a possibly better guild and decided not to join this one.

8. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content. What's preventing your level of play to decline during the farm period?
If you accept me, I will be at 100% attendance and if I can't make a raid for any reason I will inform the appropriate officer/Raid Leader to say that I won't be able to make said raid days in advance. I feel I am also very positive when it comes to raiding and I'm also honest when I've done something wrong, which is reasonably rare because my attention towards the game is 100% during a raid, like it should be.
The only thing I can think of stopping me from the farm period are exams which I will be having the next two weeks and in June next year.

9. Our raiding schedule is 1900 to 2300 server time on Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays. Which of these days can we expect you to raid consistently? (Note: as we only raid 3 days a week, if you can raid all 3 days you have much better odds of joining us.)
I don't see a problem with these raiding times, I think I can maintain a high attendance.

G. Self Analysis

1. Compare yourself to one or more of our current raiding member of similar spec/role. Why do you deserve a spot over that individual?
Sadly I've only been ranked once on a boss and that was 152nd on Lei Shi, on the first week of Terrace.
Also, I've been scrolling through your logs and I can't seem to find another elemental Shaman, either I'm blind or this could be the reason you're recruiting one!
Last edited by Padaliny on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Padaliny

Re: Padaliny Elemental Shaman - Application

Postby Padaliny » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:13 pm

Some things I forgot to include at the bottom:
If I do happen to get accepted, I was hoping to be able to join after Christmas because the next 2 weeks are busy for me, I have mock exams, also at Christmas I get my stuff for my PC that would generally make me a bit of a better player. Also, I currently don't have any money to transfer both server and faction.
Padaliny

Postby Chamze » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:32 pm

If you get accepted will you change your name to Prettycake?
Chamze

Postby Padaliny » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:43 pm

Nawhh ;P
Padaliny

Postby chiro » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Padaliny wrote:Nawhh ;P

thats a shame
chiro

Postby Padaliny » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:59 pm

Prettycake doesn't suit a Draenei :o
Padaliny

Postby Sept » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:20 pm

Female spacegoats have some pretty cakes.
Sept

Postby Prettycake » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:46 pm

Yo everybody knows prettiest of them cakes are male dwarf
Screw you guys, I'm going oom!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡
Prettycake

Postby Chamze » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:05 pm

Shut up Chamzse.
Chamze

Postby Nien » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:52 pm

Hi, we will give you a trial :). Feel free to contact me, Slashi or Poplol ingame for an invite.
Nien

Return to Old

User Control Panel

Login

Somewhat Competent